The reference of choice for pediatricians, residents and medical students, the newly revised and expanded 6th edition provides clear, practice-oriented guidance on the core knowledge in pediatrics. Edited by a leading primary care authority with more than 100 contributors, the 6th edition provides comprehensive coverage of hundreds of topics ranging from temper tantrums and toilet training to adolescent depression and suicide.
More than 155 (including 5 brand-new) clinical chapters review pertinent epidemiology and pathophysiology and then give concise guidelines on what symptoms to look for, what alternative diagnoses to consider, what tests to order, and how to treat your patients.
New in the sixth edition:
- All chapters have been reviewed and updated to address current issues.
- Five new chapters, including Health Systems Science, Social Determination of Health: Principles, and Adverse Childhood Experiences: Trauma Informed Care.
- Student worksheets corresponding to each chapter's case study questions are online in a user-friendly format so they can be completed to prepare for discussions.
- Case study questions have been enhanced, resources have been revised.
- This edition is completely reorganized into 15 parts using a systems-based approach.