When Doody's Book Review Service™ first premiered in 1993, the Medical Library Association endorsed it as a "valuable collection development, cataloging and reference tool." From the very beginning, the information needs of health sciences libraries have always been a primary focus of Doody Enterprises. Please see the sections below for information on all of our product offerings.
Collection Development Tools for Librarians
Doody's Review Service
Doody's Review Service (DRS) is our premiere collection development tool designed for medical librarians who want to optimize their acquisitions budgets. DRS saves our customers countless hours of research and thousands of dollars in poor purchasing decisions. Doody's Review Service features:
- the Web's most comprehensive database of both print and electronic titles in the health sciences
- Doody's timely, expert reviews on the majority of newly published titles
- a Weekly Literature Update providing updates of books added to the database the previous week in a subscriber's profiled areas of interest
- popular Web features including searches of new reviews pre-sorted by specialty, advanced search capabilities to retrieve titles from more than 100,000 entries in the database, and the ability to create, email, print and share custom lists of titles.
- immediate access, at the DRS web site, to the latest edition of Doody's Core Titles, published each year in May.
To learn more about the features and benefits of DRS, click here.
Doody's Core Titles in the Health Sciences
Every year in May, Doody Enterprises, Inc. produces an origginal selected list of Doody's Core Titles. Over 200 healthcare professionals and medical librarians collaborate to create the yearly edition of this collection development resource which rates core book titles in 121 specialty areas in health sciences, basic sciences, clinical medicine, allied health, associated health professions, and nursing.
An added feature is the Doody's Core Titles Monthly Newsletter, an e-mail update featuring new information about titles in the Doody's Core Title list, an original article from a Guest Author (usually a librarian), a featured "Book of the Month," and a tip from Doody's staff about a hidden gem in Doody's Core Titles or some other notable development.
Doody's Core Titles is fully integrated into Doody's Review Service and is included in the subscription fee.
To learn more about Doody's Core Titles, .
New! Doody's Precision Search - Medline®. Made Simple.
Doody’s Precision Search combines the ease of Google with the authority of PubMed to efficiently connect all of your users to your journal collection. Doody’s Precision Search is designed to meet the demands and needs of your user NOW – a clean search interface that yields precise and reliable results in just a couple of clicks.
Doody’s Precision Search is the modern way to retrieve evidence from Medline, in tune with the way your users expect search to be.
Doody's Precision Search Benefits:
- Google meets PubMed .The most popular database products you offer your patrons are those with the easiest-to-navigate interfaces and most powerful search capability. Doody’s Precision Search unlocks the power of Medline through its ease of navigation leading to reliable results with the fewest clicks.
- Instantly engages your patrons with your journal collection – Driving usage of your journal collection is critical. The Doody’s Precision Search platform delivers full text to your patrons by integrating PubMed LinkOut and all commercially available link resolvers
- Features an easy-to-use filter to locate evidence-based articles.
- Metrics on usage from a site hosted by Doody – You will be provided with usage reports in two ways: through secure access to a web site and a monthly e-mail.
- Promotion support provided. To get the most out of resources you invest in, you have to promote these new resources. We will support your efforts by supplying you with relevant marketing collateral (descriptive web page; FAQ’s; a four-color flyer, poster and bookmark; videos; etc.).
- No training classes needed. The most your patrons will need to get oriented to this new service is the “getting started” video mounted on the site. Watch it now!
To learn more, sign up to participate in an upcoming Precision Search webinar by clicking here.
MedInfoNow is a low-cost service that provides a library's patrons with information on the latest literature, customized to their interests. The service is branded in the libraries name and provides the following benefits to the library:
- Extends your collection to your patrons by providing access to your licensed journals via PubMed LinkOut integration and spotlighting titles written by your institution’s faculty.
- Engages your patrons by informing them of library events, services and resources.
- Enables your patrons to keep up-to-date with the latest literature in their areas of interest and expand the library’s role as a key part of their professional growth.
To learn more about MedInfoNow, (PDF Download).